An eighteenth/nineteenth century cottage once inhabited by ‘Old Tare’ whose nickname by tradition derived from his growing primitive pulsecrops. Like many thatched cottages in Cornwall with short stacks barely higher that the ridge, the roof was eventually burnt off in about 1923 and the cottage since used as a farm building and dairy. Andiggy was built for Tare’s successor and his original cottage has been recently restored.
The light and airy ground floor comprises an open plan room the length of the cottage; the eastern half a kitchen and dining space under a mezzanine floor, the western a sitting area open up to the roof. A teak companionway salvaged from HMS Warspite leads to the broad gallery with double bed. There is a large twin/triple bedroom with East and West facing windows and adjoining bathroom (corner shower and bath). There are two additional beds in an adjoining former sheep shearing shed if required. Kitchen with oil-fired Rayburn and gas cooker; the other end with wood/coal burning stove. Limitless car parking, washing machine, good sized enclosed garden. The beach a brisk four minute walk. (Equipped for five people plus two)